Stay in a Pub Terms and Conditions
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Stay in a Pub Competition Terms and Conditions
- Eviivo Terms and Conditions
- Booking.com Terms and Conditions
- LateRooms Terms and Conditions
- Direct Link Terms and Conditions
- Stay in a Pub Booking Facility Terms and Conditions
Information about us
www.stayinapub.co.uk is a site operated by Stayinapub Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8434545 and have our registered office main trading address at B10 Seedbed Centre, Severalls Park, Colchester, Essex, CO4 9HT, England. Our VAT number is 169 2984 54.
Transactions concluded through our site
Contracts for the supply of services or information formed through our site or as a result of visits made by you are governed by the following terms and conditions:
1. Deposit. A flat rate deposit of £25 is payable at the time of booking via our site by credit card or debit card. If the booking is cancelled more than 7 days before the date of arrival at the pub, the deposit will be refunded in full, to the card from which it was paid. If the booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the date of arrival at the pub, the deposit will be forfeited and will not be refunded.
2. Cancellation. Once a booking is made, a contract is formed with the pub on the terms and conditions of the pub, available from the pub. If the booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before the time for arrival at the pub, you become liable for the balance of the room charge for the full period booked, if the room is not re-let.
3. Card fees. No charge will be made for bookings made by credit or debit card.
4. Currency. Currently we only accept deposits in United Kingdom pounds sterling and we cannot accept payment in foreign currency. We reserve the right to charge you for any additional costs incurred by us if a booking is attempted using a different currency.
5. Taxes. The deposit does not include Value Added Tax, or any other taxes or levies imposed on bookings by any national, regional or local government or statutory authority. Taxes are payable by and to the pub and will be levied by them on your final bill.
6. Group bookings. Bookings of 5 or more rooms cannot be made in one transaction through our site. For such bookings, please telephone Stay in a Pub on 01206 752571.
7. Price match guarantee. If you find a lower rate on our site or on another website at any time prior to the date which is 7 days before the date of arrival at the pub, we will either, at our option, refund the difference to you or allow you to cancel the booking without penalty. Your deposit will be refunded to the card from which it was paid. Comparisons must be like-for-like: for the same property and grade of room; on the same dates; and without reference to special discounts or rates not generally available to the public.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off a copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. We are not an agent for and do not vouch for those persons, companies or organisations whose services may be displayed or referred to on our site. We advise users to satisfy themselves as to the exact type and nature of goods or services being offered on the site by those persons, companies or organisations whose services may be displayed or referred to on our site
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
1. All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
2. Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time;
and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Uploading material to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our site.