Paws across Britain's top tips for Dog Owners18/02/2020
In Britain, we are fortunate to have hundreds of pubs that welcome dogs with open arms and, although visiting the pub with a dog is not a new concept, lots of establishments have started to offer more options to dogs and their owners, including meals for dogs and dog-friendly accommodation.
So, whether you are looking for somewhere to go for a drink, eat great British pub grub, or if you need somewhere to rest overnight with your four-legged friend, pubs offer the ideal solution to satisfy all of these needs!
Paws across Britain’s top tips for staying in a pub with your dog:
- Find the right pub for you and your dog. When searching for a good pub to stay in, you’ll find lots of different options, some will even offer pooches their own bed and a freshly cooked sausage for breakfast!
- Book a table in advance so that you can dine with your dog. Most pubs will have a dog friendly section where your pooch can keep you company, but even the remotest country pub can get quite busy at mealtimes. Some pubs will even offer special meals for dogs so don’t forget to enquire when booking.
- Make friends with the locals. Other dog owners and publicans may be able to give you tips about the best walking routes and other dog friendly places to visit in the area.
- Be courteous towards other guests. Not everyone staying at the pub will understand that your pup’s 6am bark-up call means that they are ready for their morning walk!
- Stick to your usual routine as much as possible. A good walk before bedtime and a few toys and a blanket from home will help your dog to settle down in the evening.
- Set a good example! Most pubs will reasonably request that dogs are kept off the beds and other furniture. Unless you’re given permission, it’s best to set a good example to encourage the pubs to maintain their dog friendly policy.
For more information on dog friendly accommodation, visit Dog Friendly Pub, B&B & Inn Accommodation around the UK.
Photography by Kelly from Paws Across Britain
Paws Across Britain is a Travel & Lifestyle Blog for People with Dogs. Our partnership with Paws Across Britain aims to provide useful information on wonderful places to visit with your dog. For more information on Paws Across Britain, please visit the website here.