Top 10 Reasons to Stay in a Pub27/02/2020
So why choose to stay in a pub?
Pubs don’t always come to mind when choosing where to stay for a weekend away or mid week break. Yet, they are a perfect option for those looking for something authentic and welcoming. Pubs offer their own distinctive style, unique charm and comfort. An alternative to standard hotel and Airbnb accommodation, Stay in a Pub showcases a collection of boutique pubs, traditional inns and affordable pub accommodation across the UK. We look for special places with their own characterful, extraordinary offering.
Below, we have collated our top 10 reasons to stay in a pub:
1. A great British tradition: throughout history, public houses and coaching inns have provided rest and replenishment for the weary traveller
2. Full of character and charm: buildings with architectural significance and unique stories to tell
3. Warm, welcoming and inviting
4. You can eat, drink and sleep under one roof
5. Pubs are down to earth, authentic and provide a real sense of community
6. Excellent quality accommodation: 65% of pubs with rooms invested in refurbishment over the past 4 years
7. Choice: there’s something to suit every budget and staying in a pub is on average 30-50% cheaper than hotels
8. Conveniently located as a base from which to explore or as part of an onward journey
9. Delicious, often locally sourced and seasonal food
10. Good local ales
If you would like to learn more about our pubs and what they can offer, perhaps you would like to browse our blogs for similar articles. For ideas on where to stay, visit our Instagram page at @stayinapub.