For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the data controller is Stayinapub Limited of B10 Seedbed Centre, Severalls Park, Colchester, Essex, CO4 9HT.
Visitors to our Website
When someone visits www.stayinapub.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find more information on how cookies are used on this website in the Cookies Policy.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Newsletter Sign Up
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer Melanie Phipps (firstname.lastname@example.org).
When purchasing gift voucher(s) online through Stay in a Pub, your name, address, email and contact number will be stored on our system. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.stayinapub.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- We do not store your credit card or debit card details.
- IP addresses
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Who we share your information with
We will not share your personal details with any other company without your consent and knowledge. If you have contacted us about staying in a pub you have consented to us forwarding on your details to the pub and it is only shared in this way and not without a request from the consumer.
Links to Other Web Sites
Access to Your Personal Information
You are entitled to access, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Melanie Phipps (email@example.com).
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 9th May 2018. All of the team at Stay in a Pub are aware of the GDPR and take your privacy very seriously.
Terms and Conditions
Acceptable Use Policy