Stanford HallLutterworth Category Museums & Galleries, For the Family, For the Kids, For Adults, Historic Sites
Built in the time of William and Mary, the Hall is surrounded by ancient parkland rich in natural history and beauty and a further 900 acres. Avenues of established, majestic trees radiate in all directions from the Hall, most prominently the North Avenue which stretches as far as the eye can see. Woodland, ridge and furrow pasture and ancient remains of buildings of a previous age and the beautiful enclosed rose garden nurture an atmosphere of profound tranquillity and peace. The park has been designated as a site of special scientific interest for its collection of rare lichen that grows in abundance.
The recently refurbished adjacent Stable Block now provides up to 10 contemporary bedrooms, a sitting room, a range of studio spaces, a small equipped gym and catering facilities for up to 70 people cafeteria style. The Stable Block can be booked alongside the main Hall or alternatively on its own for workshops and offsites accommodating up to 24 participants dormitory style.
Stanford Hall is open on select days throughout the year and hosts a number of public events and car rallies through the summer season. On these open days the public can enjoy guided tours around the house, relaxing afternoons in the Park and the Stableyard cafe is open for light lunches and teas. The Hall was designed and built in 1690 by Smiths of Warwick and was commissioned by Sir Roger Cave, ancestor of the present owner Nicholas Fothergill. It houses some important and rare paintings and antiques which reflect the family history.