The Elms Hotel is an impressive Grade II listed building set in beautiful grounds in the historical market town of Retford.
Fronted by an attractive circular lawn and sweeping drive, The Elms Hotel is a Grade II Listed Georgian house built in 1792 on the old Great North Road from London to York, originally an affluent private residence. At the rear of the property, extensive landscaped grounds are bordered by mature trees with a converted stable block.
The hotel is located in the Nottinghamshire market town of Retford where a weekly market has been held for 750 years, following the granting of a charter by King Henry III in 1246. Many of the buildings forming the town’s spacious market square are also Georgian, with the exception of the chateau-like Town Hall, which features a chandelier and ornate ballroom.
The hotel has a fully-licensed restaurant and bar with meals available all day from a varied menu. They also have a large function room for up to 200 guests which can cater for meetings, events, special occasions, and private dining.
They offer a range of comfortable bedrooms. All rooms at The Elms Hotel come with a private bathroom, flat-screen digital TV, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, iron and ironing boards are available upon request.